Civil War(5) Military(7) U.S.(8) World(7)
- Best of History Web Sites
- Annotated links to over 1000 history web sites
- The History Net
- Where History Lives on the Web
- The History Place
- Articles on selected topics in American history as well as some international. Features photos and highlights of historic events.
- Battles by State
- Civil War Battles by State Area Map with conflict description and outcome.
- Civil War Timeline
- Maps and Timeline, casualties of the war, colored troop information...
- Civil War Women
- Links to sources related to women and the Civil War. Links to original diaries, letter, documents, and photographs.
- Selected Civil War Photographs - Library of Congress
- Contains 1,118 photographs. include scenes of military personnel, preparations for battle, and battle after-effects.
- The Valley of the Shadow - Two Communities in the American Civil War
- University of Virginia research project profiles Augusta County, Virginia and Franklin County, Pennsylvania's roles during the Civil War.
- American Aircraft of WWII
- Resource for the fighters and bombers that were flown by the US during the second world war.
- Center of Military History
- Information about the role and services of the CMH, with links to CHM publications, resources, museums, and inquiry answering service.
- Military History - About.com
- A collection of military history from About.com
- Military History Online
- A collection of various battles from around the world
- Naval History
- Naval Events of World Wars 1 and 2, Warships Lost, and the military background to their losses
- War - History Channel
- Features on wars throughout history.
- War Times Journal
- Explore to find dispatches, memoirs, and photo galleries. Also find war histories, interviews, and details about battles.
- American History - About.com
- Collection of American History from About.com
- American Memory - Library of Congress
- Primary source and archival material relating to American culture and history.
- A Chronology of US Historical Documents
- Law Center presents a chronology of influential documents, complete with transcriptions of each document.
- The Flags of the Several United States
- The Literature & Culture of the American 1950s
- Univ. of Pennsylvania's English department features a collection of essays about the era's culture and events.
- National Museum of American History
- Dedicated to American heritage. Includes contact details for each division.
- The Paul Revere House
- Dedicated to preserving the story of Paul Revere and his place in American history.
- US History.org
- Washington, Betsy Ross, Jefferson, Declaration, and much more.
- Ancient/Classical History
- Pages on the Ancient/Classical History Site at About.com
- History Link 101
- Each culture/time period is divided into categories of Art, Biographies, Daily Life, Maps, Pictures and Research.
- Intended for junior high and high school students. View timelines, take online quizzes, or browse articles by subject or region.
- HyperHistory Online
- 3,000-year timeline to access relevant maps, biographies and profiles of people, places and events.
- The Labyrinth - Resources for Medieval Studies
- Medieval studies archive searchable by subject or language, includes links to scholarly publications and organizations.
- World History
- World History Archives
- Repository for documents that support an understanding of world history and the struggle for social progress.