- About.com - Genealogy
- Help, advice, associations and resources to assist in finding out about genealogy and family histories.
- American Family Immigration History Center
- Database of more than 22 million Americans who immigrated through the Port of New York and Ellis Island from 1892-1924
- Offers resources, news, & searching. Access 1 billion records and thousands of online images of genealogical records.
- From online card catalogs to maps, genealogy related discussion lists and newsgroups.
- Canadian Genealogy & History
- Resources include cemetery and obituary records, military records, genealogical societies, and local resources organized by province.
- Cyndi's List
- A collection of more than 75,000 links that have been organized and cross-referenced in over 140 categories.
- Family Tree Magazine
- Publication for amateur genealogists offers reunion resources, online networking opportunities, ethnic toolkits, and a bookstore.
- Search the Family History Library's database, containing millions of names. A project of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
- Genealogical Journeys In Time
- Listing of the top genealogy links, genealogy surnames, researchers and sites around the world.
- Genealogy Gateway
- Your Gateway to Everything Genealogical on the Internet
- Genealogy Libraries in the U.S.
- Browse an extensive listing of genealogy libraries throughout the United States organized by state.
- Genealogy Today
- Help for newbies, family researchers, genealogists and professionals.
- Offers over 5,000 discussion forums devoted to specific surnames and ethnicities, as well as general genealogical topics.
- Historical Census Data Browser
- Explore census data for the United States compiled between the years 1790 and 1970.
- Library of Congress
- The United States Library of Congress
- Lineages, Inc.
- Links to family history research resources
- National Center for Health Statistics
- NCHS - Where to write for Vital Records (Birth Certificates, Death Certificates…)
- New England Historic Genealogical Society
- Find membership, address, event, resources, and holdings information.
- 100,000-entry Roots Surname List, ROOTS-L Resources and State pages, Olive Tree Genealogy ship lists, and much more.
- RuthAnn's SURNAMES
- Find Surname Sites, Surname Databases for all types of Nationalities. Also links to help you locate the Address and town you need to obtain vital records.
- Large collection of surname links features a construction kit for tracing family histories. Also includes surname resource centers and Web rings.
- U.S. Census Bureau
- Official resource for social, demographic, and economic statistics.
- U.S. National Archives and Records Administration
- Search the archival holdings of the various branches of the US government. Offers research directions, archive contacts and branch publications.
- U.S. National Institute on Genealogical Research
- Nonprofit educational seminar examines Washington D.C. area records.
- Group of volunteers working together to provide Internet websites for genealogical research in every county and state of the U.S.
- Vital Records
- Find details on obtaining US birth, death, and marriage statistics. Entries are broken down by state.
- Vital Statistics Agency
- British Columbia Vital Statistics Agency registers vital events occurring in The Province of British Columbia and provides vital statistics-related products and services